In order to be able to present larger exhibitions, Friedrich M. Welz rented additional rooms in the Villa Wittek at Schwarzstrasse 7 in Salzburg in 1937. The gallery remained in these gallery rooms until 1945. The general story continued to be housed in Sigmund-Haffner-Gasse. The contacts of earlier times, especially with France, revived during the war years. Friedrich M. Welz traveled to Paris to buy French art, both on behalf of the rulers, for the planned state gallery, as well as for his own collection.